Interestingly it comes as no surprise to hear politicians will go to any lengths for a shot at fame. They are worst of the celebrity status hunters. The austerity coming to the people is the result of bad government management. In Netherlands the lust for power is taking a turn for the worst. In order to get a coalition, politicians have agreed a very dodgy set of parliamentary objectives. Some of which are:
- Benefit cuts for people whose clothing or behaviour stops them finding work
- Ban on the Burqa and other face-covering garments
- Parents to be made financially responsible for making their children speak proper Dutch
- Prostitution age to be raised to 21
- 500 new animal police to protect mainly pet animals rights.
Are people expected to take this seriously? Is it time to question the necessity of governmnent and whether we really need it at all.